Patch 2.7: Guardians of the Ancient Release
Legends of Runeterra’s newest expansion, Guardians of the Ancient, launches on May 5! It adds 42 collectible cards, including three new champions – Zilean, Malphite, and Irelia.
Catch up on spoilers and everything you need to know about the upcoming release in our Guardians of the Ancient info-hub. All the new cards from the expansion are available in the RuneterraCCG Deck Builder – you can theorycraft and save your lists, deck codes are fully compatible with the game client.
Patch 2.7. will be playable at approximately 11AM PT, May 5. Below are the official patch notes, originally posted at PlayRuneterra.com.
Nasus Thresh decks have been thriving and consistently surpassing our win rate (55%) and play rate (15%) thresholds for what we’d consider healthy. We’re making small changes to the Shadow Isles portions of the deck that have continued to cause meta problems. For now, while Nasus is a clear powerhouse for the deck, we want to leave the power of Shurima intact. We are watchlisting Nasus so we can continue to monitor his performance while investigating potential changes to him in the future if he continues to overperform.
COST: 6 → 7.
We want to reduce the efficiency and effectiveness in which Atrocity can end games, introducing more risk and counterplay by overall reducing the amount of windows where it can be safely played to end the game.
BASE STATS: 2|1 → 1|1.
Blighted Caretaker is incredibly powerful due to its synergy with Slay and Fearsome. We want to keep these synergies, but slightly reduce it’s early game pressure and its ability to create even more Slays by moving it to 1 power.
Updates to Region Roads, Challenges and Expeditions
- Shurima, Targon, and Ionia’s Region Roads have been extended by 4 levels each to coincide with the release of their new champions.
- Two new challenges have been added to prepare for the new Landmark synergies and Blade Dance keyword introduced in Guardians of the Ancient.
- Guardians of the Ancient champions, spells, and followers have been added to Expeditions.
New Cosmetics and Bundles
The Time Temple
For legends who take fate into their own hands.
This board has special visual effects and music.
The most popular companion for legends with allergies.
Best Friend: Malphite
Careful. If he wags his tail too hard, he could send us back to the Great Darkin War.
- The Guardians of the Ancient bundle is available in the Store for 1807 coins. Bundle includes:
- Chip Guardian
- Time Temple Board
- Exclusive Chrono-Chip Variant
The Sand & Steel Deck Bundle, featuring the overwhelming might of Irelia & Azir, is available in the Store for 2106 Coins, prorated for any cards you already own.
- Mushrooms now do aggregated damage all at once when drawn together, rather than taking 1 damage X times, with X = the number of mushrooms drawn at once.
- Cards created by Concurrent Timelines now inherit Prismatic effects.
- Effects for Rally and Round Start have been improved.
- In patch 2.9.0 (June 2), Cross-Shard Friend Challenge will no longer be supported. As LoR continues to grow, we’re beginning to run up against challenges caused by degraded tech. Cross-Shard Friend Challenge is one of our main culprits, and it’s currently taking resources that we need to develop some of LoR’s most exciting features planned for further along in the pipeline. We’ll have more information on social features for LoR in the future, but for now, we just wanted to provide an early heads up for players and community organizations that make use of the feature.
- Fixed a visual bug where the first win of the day would show Sun Discs as part of the rewards.
- The Player Profile screen has been resized to display properly on mobile devices.
- Fixed an issue with Mushrooms not being counted for certain Nexus damage effects in certain situations.
- Fixed an issue on mobile preventing players from viewing a card’s related cards while Invoking, Predicting, or choosing between choice cards.
- Katarina level 2 should now correctly play her custom Rally visual effect.
- Units marked by Kindred should now display context text when hovered over.
- Heimerdinger’s turrets’ cost reduction now correctly expires after the round it was created.
- Khahiri the Student no longer incorrectly considers Stalking Shadows as a Prediction.
- Calculated Creations under any cost-changing effect will no longer incorrectly indicate said cost changes to the choice cards presented.
- Loaded Dice should now correctly play its visual effect when played.
- Several improvements to text across the game in our continued effort for text consistency.