Patch 1.6 brings with it the Spirit Blossom Festival, a month-long thematic experience featuring a new Lab, event pass, special quests, and a ton of new personalization items. The first Legends of Runeterra limited-time event starts July 22, approximately at 10 AM PT.
New Lab: Bestow
- Choose one of 6 preconstructed Spirit Blossom decks
- Players start the game at 30 Health
- When a unit dies, its stats are conferred to a random unit in hand
Play games and complete special Spirit Blossom quests to earn the event currency – Petals.
There are two kinds of quests available for the event. First, there are multi-part Spirit Blossom Epic Quests that each grant 15 Petals and exclusive icons. Two of those Epic Quests will be available in Patch 1.6, and two more will arrive with Patch 1.7. There is also a series of regular event quests – Spirit Blossom Special Quests. These ones grant 4 Petals each and unlock in a sequence. They will be available until you complete them all, or until the end of the event.
Your first win on each day will also earn you 4 Petals, and each win after that grants an additional Petal.
Spirit Blossom Epic Quests
- Bandlescout’s Code: Deal 100 non-combat damage AND Strike your opponent’s Nexus 50 times (15 petals + ‘Mystic Puffcap’ icon).
- The Collector of Souls: Kill 2+ enemy Units in a turn 20 times AND Challenge 100 Units (15 petals + ‘Soul Warden’s Lantern’ icon).
- Chase the Wind: Stun, Frostbite or Recall 90 Units OR Win 15 games in Expeditions (10 petals + ‘Wink’ Emote).
- Teachings of the Dragon: Cast 2+ Spells in the same Round 40 times AND Play 50 cards that were not in your starting deck (15 petals + ‘Nightshade Dragonling’ icon).
Spirit Blossom Special Quests
- Spirit of Temptation: Win 4 games in Labs OR Win 4 games in Gauntlets or Ranked (4 petals).
- Spirit of Loss: Toss 40 cards OR Kill 5 enemy champions (4 petals).
- Spirit of Despair: Win a game at 5 or less Health OR Attack with at least 4 units in the same attack 10 times (4 petals).
- Spirit of Hate: Kill 20 enemy Units in combat OR Target the weakest enemy 10 times (4 petals).
- Spirit of Obsession: Cast the same card 2+ times on 5 occasions OR Target the same ally 2+ times on 10 occasions (7 petals).
- Spirit of Death: See 40 Last Breath triggers OR Play Fleeting cards or summon Ephemeral units 40 times (7 petals).
- Spirit of Nature: Plant 250 Mushrooms OR Summon 40 Elnuks, Poros or Spiders (7 petals).
- Spirit of Salvation: Support 15 of your Units OR See 30 of your allied Units survive damage (7 petals).
- Spirit of Reflection: Give 30 Units Barrier OR Play 30 Units with equal Attack and Health (7 petals).
- Spirit of Heroism: Level Up 10 Champions OR Attack with 40 Units that cos 3 or less (7 petals).
Earning Petals will progress you along the track of Spirit Blossom rewards. Some rewards are available for free, but most of them are Premium-only – for players that have puchased the Event Pass in the Store for 975 coins.
Here’s a complete list of rewards available exclusively through the Spirit Blossom Event:
- Free Rewards: 1 icon, 2 emotes, 1 card back, 1 random Champion Card, 1 Epic Wildcard, 3000 shards.
- Event Pass Rewards: 6 Guardians, 2 icons, 5 emotes, 4 card backs, 1 random Champion Card, 1 Epic Wildcard, 9000 shards.
Below is the official FAQ for Spirit Blossom event, originally posted at PlayRuneterra.com.
How long is the event?
The event runs from July 22 at 10 a.m. PT to August 19 at 10 a.m. PT.
Is Spirit Blossom happening in League of Legends as well?
Yes! Wander over to League of Legends for a special interactive Spirit Blossom experience, and check out LoL social channels for more cool stuff.
Will the Spirit Blossom items ever come back?
Possibly, but we have no plan to bring them back any time soon. Basically, the Spirit Blossom items are exclusive to this event and only available for a limited time, so if something (or many somethings) catches your eye, make sure to unlock them before they disappear on August 19!
Which games count toward completing quests and earning petals?
ANY game, including AI and Friend Challenge, will count toward your quests. The 4 petals awarded for your first win of the day (and the petals awarded for each win after that), however, are available through any game EXCEPT AI and Friend Challenge. That includes Ranked, Normal, Expeditions, Gauntlet, and Lab games.
Do I have to pick which quest to make progress on?
Nope! Any games you play simultaneously count toward Epic Quests, event quests, regular daily quests, and even the region road. No need to pick—just play and enjoy the festival!
Do I have to pay to participate?
The Spirit Blossom festival is a free event for every player! All players have access to the Spirit Blossom quests and event path (which include icons, emotes, and a card back), as well as the new Lab. The Event Pass—which grants access to premium rewards on the path, like guardians and champion card backs—is an optional purchase.
We’ve focused on making the core gameplay elements of LoR (the cards) as accessible as possible by giving you the ability to get what you want, how you want, in a game where players can compete regardless of how much they spend. On the other hand, paid personalization is a completely optional way to customize your experience beyond the core gameplay. The Event Pass is a great opportunity to snag some exclusive cosmetic items and support the game at the same time.
Alright, how much is this Event Pass?
You can pick up the Event Pass in the store for 975 coins (and immediately unlock the Kitt Guardian when you do). We’re excited to include a variety of unique, highly-themed personalization items as part of the Pass, and we hope you feel like it’s a great value for all the rewards you can unlock over the course of the event!
Will future events be like this one?
Future events will explore new themes and different modes, so they won’t be exactly like Spirit Blossom. We also might experiment with different configurations of rewards (how the event path is structured and what rewards are included). Let us know what elements you enjoyed the most and what to try differently next time!
Where can I learn more about the world of Spirit Blossom?
Check out these links for more Spirit Blossom lore: