The Spirit Blossom festival continues! Patch 1.7 brings with it two new Epic quests and more event-themed items in store, as well as a brand new Lab and new tri-region deckbuilding rules for Singleton Gauntlet.
The new patch will be playable at approximately 10 AM PT, August 5. Below are the official patch notes originally written by Legends of Runeterra Comms Lead Dillon Buckner and posted at PlayRuneterra.com.
Before we dive in, we’ve got some important timing info on the next few patches. As we just announced over on the Riot Games site, Riot’s taking the week of August 10th off to disconnect, recharge, and reboot. To make sure we’re not just shifting more work onto people in the following weeks, we’re adjusting timelines for the next few LoR patches.
- Patch 1.7 will go live normally tomorrow, but will last an extra week (so three weeks in total rather than the usual two) before we update again.
- Patch 1.8 will go live August 26 (rather than August 19), and will also last for three weeks. 1.8 will contain a couple minor card changes but won’t be a full-fledged balance patch, though it may feature a few other things…
- Patch 1.10 (yes, we’re skipping 1.9) will land on September 16, and will contain our next significant round of balance updates. This patch will last the usual two weeks and resume our normal update cadence.
New Lab: Quick Draw
Heimerdinger’s latest Lab is an experiment in thinking on your feet. Inspired by the challenging and fast-paced mechanics of some of our favourite deck-building games, Quick Draw offers players new circumstances to contend with every round.
Each round, players draw five new Fleeting cards with heavily discounted mana costs. You only have three mana to spend each round though, so choose your plays carefully. And remember, all your cards are Fleeting so use ‘em or lose ‘em!
The only way to keep a card for next turn is to use the special Prolong card you’ll draw every other round. It’ll remove Fleeting from a single card in your hand so you can save it for a big play later on. Use your Prolongs wisely!
Singleton Gauntlet Update: Tri-Region
Taking advantage of the latest deckbuilder changes (see below), we’ve updated the Singleton Gauntlet to allow tri-region decks. This’ll further differentiate Singleton from Standard, and we’re excited to see what new combinations you discover!
- Singleton Gauntlet decks may now include cards from up to three regions.
You can now filter your decks by deckbuilding rules (Standard or Singleton for now) and select specific unit art for your deckbox!
- Deck customization interface added to deckbuilder screen.
- Click the edit button at top left to adjust deckbox art and select deckbuilding rules.
- Any unit card can be dragged to assign it as deckbox art (doesn’t have to be in the deck).
- Deck type filter added to decks screen.
- Choose to view all decks (including invalid ones), valid Standard decks, or valid Singleton decks.
Exploring the darker side of the world of Spirit Blossom, the Nightshade Shrine is an Epic-tier board featuring tappable interactive elements and unique reactions to gameplay, and is available in the store for 1290 Coins.
- Dragonling Bundle now available for 975 Coins. Bundle includes:
- Nightshade Dragonling
A smooth surface hides a swift current.
Those who fear their darkness will never move past it.
Attracts: Burning passion
- 3 new card backs available for purchase in the store.
- Spirit of the Bloom
- Spirit of Nature
- Crossed Spirits
- New emote available as an Epic quest reward for the Spirit Blossom Festival.
We’ve only got minor adjustments this time, mostly to boost several underperforming Ionian archetypes.
- After choosing Fishbones in pick 1, you’ll now see both a Bilgewater option and a Piltover & Zaun option for pick 2 and will no longer be forced into a tri-region deck.
- Added: Twin Disciplines
- Removed: Shadowshift
Shadows and Dust
- Added: Navori Conspirator, Ren Shadowblade
- Removed: Shadow Fiend
- Removed: Retreat, Ye Been Warned
- Added: Greenglade Duo, Yusari
- Removed: Plaza Guardian
Minimum Specifications (iOS)
With Patch 1.8 in two weeks, we’re raising LoR’s required iOS version to iOS 13, and we’d like to provide an early warning so you can make sure your devices are updated to the latest version. We’ll also update the LoR support site, where you can always find info on supported devices. Please note that 1 GB iOS devices (iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPad Air 1) are not supported by iOS 13.
- Two new Epic quests added for the Spirit Blossom Festival.
- Expeditions now refresh on Thursday (was Tuesday). This week we’ll have a short, two-day refresh to make the transition.
- Certain Death decklist from Bestow lab adjusted (previously applied hotfix).
- Discard-from-hand animations sped up when several are queued.
- In-game rules widget added to Labs.
- Fixed a crash when trying to replace a unit at the start of round with a full hand.
- Fixed an issue where Back Alley Barkeep could create copies of itself (generally, random “create” cards aren’t supposed to make copies of themselves).
- Fixed an issue where the VFX on Insight of Ages would produce pink sparkles.
- Fixed an issue where Sejuani (level 2) would cause units to overlap when summoned at the same time her ability triggers.
- Zed (level 2) icon tray adjusted.