Patch 1.15 introduces a new Lab, an update to round timers, and the brand new feature – Player Profiles!
Below are the official patch notes, originally posted at PlayRuneterra.com. Patch 1.15 arrives one day ahead of schedule – it will be playable on Tuesday at ~11 AM PT (as opposed to the usual Wednesday path release).
New Lab: Recursive Heroes 101
Last patch, Heimer taught you a thing or two about brewing the perfect deck. His next lesson is all about making your favourite champion the star of the show, with a singleton deck full of cards to support them… and a few special rules, of course!
Either use one of Heimer’s premade decks with Jinx, Shyvana, Gangplank, or Trundle… or build your own singleton deck with only one champion of your choice!
- Your champion always starts in your hand.
- When your champion is killed, it becomes imprisoned in a Landmark that spawns in its place!
- A Jailer will spawn on your opponent’s side of the board as your champion is imprisoned… Kill your opponent’s Jailer to revive your champ next round!
Round Timer Update
With the release of Patch 1.15, we’re rolling out an update to Round Timers to help smooth out the pace of each game. Here’s a quick breakdown of how the system works:
- Time Banking: Ending your turn earlier will bank extra time. Once you’ve stored up some time, you can spend it on more complex turns that require a little extra thought.
- Time Falloff: Taking identical actions (i.e. Vault Breaker) within a round gives less additional time each time that action is taken (no more infinite rounds!). It’s not super aggressive right now, but we’ll be keeping an eye on the system’s effectiveness and player feedback for fine-tuning in future patches.
Patch 1.15 also introduces Player Profiles! Accessed by clicking / tapping on your Player Icon, Player Profiles are a great way to track your journey through Runeterra, providing an overview of your collection’s completion rate, Region Road progress, and more!
Seasonal Tournaments are on the way; continue ranking up and collecting Prime Glories to earn your spot in the inaugural tournament! Check out the new Tournament tab in-game to check your current Rank, Prime Glories, and get ready to face off against the best of the best in the coming weeks.
In addition to the cash prizes for the top 32 competitors, all Seasonal Tournament participants will receive a Tournament Competitor Icon. Securing at least 3 wins in the tournament will get you the Tournament Competitor Card Back:
Abominable, adorable—depends on the mood.
Likes: Eating snowflakes
A new card back is available for purchase in the store.
- Snow Day Card Back
The Snow Day Bundle is now available for 2394 Coins. Bundle includes:
- Snowy Glade Board
- Umpa Guardian
- Snow Day Umpa Guardian Variant
- Snow Day Card Back
This patch, we’re refining the offerings in both Collective Support and Spell Slingers to improve their overall performance. We’re also continuing to reign in Dragon’s Descent, and following up on changes that erroneously were left out of Patch 1.14, including the buff to Mending Touch.
- Added: Lunari Shadestalker
- Removed: Herald of Spring, Nopeify!, Startled Stomper, Swole Squirrel
- Added: Radiant Strike, Sunblessed Vigor, Wish
- Removed: Guiding Touch, Hush (listed in the 1.14 notes but was inadvertently left out), Laurent Duelist, Sunburst
- Star Spring will now always appear in Mending Touch packs seen during the initial Champion Picks of a draft (listed in the 1.14 notes but was inadvertently left out)
- Added: Steel Tempest
- Removed: Horns of the Dragon, Rivershaper, Twin Disciplines
Language Support: Vietnamese
We’ve added additional language support to LoR – new players should be correctly auto-detected, while existing players can swap languages in their login screen settings.
- Vietnamese now supported.
- The ‘Disable Motion’ option now also disables certain board features that may negatively affect photosensitive players.
- Fixed an issue where Jinx could create multiple copies of Super Mega Death Rocket! in one round (already hotfixed in Patch 1.14).
- Fixed an issue where Emotes could get stuck on the loadout panel.