Patch 3.0: Huge Balance Update, Worldbreaker Skins & Cosmetics
Legends of Runeterra has kicked off the new year with a massive patch, introducing a total of 28 balance changes, and adding 7 brand new champion skins!
The update features highly-anticipated nerfs to some of the existing meta staples like Bandle City Mayor and Curious Shellfolk, but also exciting buffs to previously underplayed cards and archetypes – to name just a couple, the Buried Sun Disc and Iceborn Legacy.
The new Worldbreaker skin line presents new arts for Trundle, Elise, Nasus, Maokai, Malphite,
Patch 3.0 will be playable at approximately 11AM PT, Jan 5. Below are the official patch notes, originally posted at PlayRuneterra.com.
We’re kicking off the year with a large set of card updates! In addition to our usual meta-analysis and surveys, we also experimented with opening up direct lines of community feedback on social media, as well as community channels to help shape this patch, so we’d like to offer special thanks to everyone who contributed their thoughts and feedback! Some notes on priorities for this update:
- A number of dominant decks are being hit, including a few Poppy-centric decks, as well as Sejuani/Gangplank and Sion/Draven.
- Generally aiming to improve meta & region diversity – we’re specifically targeting Freljord with a number of card usability buffs.
Now let’s take a look at exactly what’s changing!
|Sion||LEVEL 1: 3|6, LEVEL 2: 10|6||LEVEL 1: 1|6, LEVEL 2: 8|6|
|Ashe||You’ve Frostbitten 5+ enemies.||You’ve Frostbitten 4+ enemies.|
|Kindred||5-cost 4|4||4-cost 4|3|
|Maokai||Effect triggers on Playing another ally.||Effect triggers on Summoning another ally.|
|Diana||Nightfall: Give me Challenger this round.||Nightfall or when you activate another Nightfall: Give me Challenger this round.|
|Xerath||3|3||3|4; LEVEL 3: Ability now triggers on destroying a Landmark, and targets enemy units before targeting the Nexus.|
|Bandle City Mayor||Your multi-region units cost 1 less.||The first multi-region unit you play each round costs 1 less.|
|Lecturing Yordle||When I’m summoned or Attack: Create a Fleeting Poison Dart in hand.||Attack: Create a Fleeting Poison Dart in hand.|
|Monster Harpoon||Deal 5 to a unit. Plunder: I cost 3 less.||Deal 5 to a unit. Plunder: I cost 2 less.|
|It That Stares||Play: Obliterate ALL Landmarks or deal 2 to ALL other units.||Play: Obliterate ALL Landmarks or deal 3 to ALL other units.|
|Voices of the Old Ones||Gain 2 empty mana gems. For the top 4 cards in your deck, draw each card that costs 8+. Then place the rest into your deck.||Gain 2 empty mana gems. For the top 5 cards in your deck, draw each card that costs 8+. Then place the rest into your deck.|
|Poro Herder||When I’m summoned, draw a Poro if you have a Poro ally.||When I’m summoned, if you Behold a Poro, draw a Poro.|
|Ruined Rex||3|3||4|4; Effect can now trigger up to 6 times, increased from 5.|
|Ascended’s Rise||7 mana||6 mana|
|Back Alley Barkeep||3|2||3|3|
|Buried Sun Disc||Start of Game: Draw 1 of me if all your cards are Shuriman.||Start of Game: Summon 1 of me if all of your cards are Shuriman.|
|Vengeance||7 mana||6 mana|
|Golden Crushbot||Subtype: None||Subtype: Mech|
|Hidden Pathways||5 mana||6 mana|
- Worldbreaker Trundle (feat. new level-up animation and Ice Pillar art)
- Worldbreaker Elise (feat. new Spiderling art)
- Worldbreaker Sion
- Worldbreaker Nasus
- Worldbreaker Malphite
- Worldbreaker Maokai (feat. new Sapling art)
- Worldbreaker Nautilus
Temple of the Sun
Restored to its former glory, an age-old wonder awaits.
This board has special visual effects and music.
Chip was supposed to shatter the world, but he took a nap instead.
Guardian Personality: Solid
Loves: Rocking out
The Age of Worldbreakers Bundle is available in the Store, prorated for any items you already own. Bundle includes:
- Worldbreaker Trundle Skin
- Worldbreaker Sion Skin
- Worldbreaker Nasus Skin
- Worldbreaker Nautilus Skin
- Worldbreaker Malphite Skin
- Worldbreaker Elise Skin
- Worldbreaker Maokai Skin
- Champion cards for all of the above champions
The Mechas & Menaces Deck Bundle is available in the Store, prorated for any items you already own.
Time to get scrappy! Sift through the rubbish and discard cards to build the biggest, baddest Mecha-Yordle for world domination. Bundle includes a deck featuring Sion and Rumble.
- Fixed an issue where, when a user attempted to grab multiple cards at once, only the first unit would be selected.
- Fixed an issue where VFX wouldn’t play when Sapling Toss was cast.
- Fixed an issue where opponent The Arsenal cards would be granted a random keyword when the player destroys an enemy Landmark.
- Fixed an issue where Oracle’s Eye would display the incorrect outcome when casting Singular Will on Tail-Cloak Matriarch.
- Fixed a visual bug where the opponent’s view of Invoke when Aurelion Sol is put on the board plays out card by card instead of displaying all cards at once.
- Fixed multiple VO bugs where allies were not interacting with summoned cards.
- Fixed a visual bug where certain card frames were appearing only after the VFX finished, making it look like the stats were floating above the unit art.
- Yordle Squire’s flavor text now accurately calls its weapon a spear instead of a hammer.
- Fixed an issue where an Overgrown Snapvine would be wrongly obliterated after a level two Viego kills an enemy champion at round start.
- Fixed an issue where removing Challenger from a non-committed challenging unit would not break the challenger state.
- Fixed an issue where Chronobreaks created by a level two Ekko were missing keyword icons.
- Fixed an issue where Retreat was not creating a Return when recalling a Claws of the Dragon after having played two spells.
- Fixed a visual bug where Miss Fortune’s art displayed uncentered when attacking with a full back row.
- Fixed a few bugs where VFX would either not play for certain spells or play generic VFX instead of custom VFX.
- Fixed a UI issue where cards would get stuck when a player holds it until the turn timer runs out.
- Fixed a UI issue where cards would flutter when a player would scrub over revealed cards in an opponent’s hand.
- Fixed a bug with the audio toggle when the game is not in focus.