Patch 2.21: Ahri, Kennen, Pantheon, and Rumble Arrive in Magic Misadventures Expansion
43 new collectible cards, including four new champions – Ahri, Kennen, Rumble, and Pantheon – will be added to Legends of Runeterra in Patch 2.21, going live on December 8th.
In addition to that, the update features two ’emergency’ balance changes – to Poppy and Young Witch, as well as new playable characters for The Path of Champions, and a wide swath of cosmetic items (including a very merry Santa Braum!).
Magic Misadventures will be playable at approximately 11AM PT on December 8. Below is the abridged version of the official patch notes, originally posted at PlayRuneterra.com.
Our next major set of card updates is scheduled for our next patch – 3.0.0 on January 5, but leading up to then, we have a couple of changes aimed at reducing the power of a few overperformers alongside the release of Magic Misadventures.
BASE STATS: 4|3 → 3|3
Poppy has proven herself as a dominant presence in the current meta, so we’re toning down her power a bit to give other deck types a chance to shine.
BASE STATS: 1|2 → 1|1
Since we initially buffed Young Witch, she’s been responsible for enabling some pretty powerful, uninteractive combos, so we’re rolling that buff back.
The Path of Champions Updates
New champions, balance changes, and bugfixes are coming to The Path of Champions this patch!
- New champions: Ahri, Kennen, and Teemo.
- If a player loses their run in the first two battles, they will now see three starting Powers rather than just Unstable Manaflow:
- Unstable Manaflow: Grants +1 mana gem for the first 3 battles of the run
- Vitality: Grants +10 max nexus health
- Flexible Gameplan: Grants Game start: Draw 2
- Wealth score is now based on current gold at the end of run rather than total earned gold.
- Assorted minor encounter fixes and balance adjustments.
- Santa Braum (featuring new level-up animation)
- Winter Queen Ahri
- Earnest Elf Tristana
This skin features alternate card art. This skin can not be purchased from the Store – to get this skin, purchase at least one Coin Package between December 8th, 2021 and January 5th, 2022.
Rest for the wandering soul.
The Elusive Elements Bundle is available in the Store for 4721 Coins, prorated for any items you already own.
Playtime’s over. Master the elements with Ahri and Kennen to slip past the enemy and hit where it hurts. Bundle includes a deck featuring Ahri and Kennen, as well as:
- Vastayan Glade board
- Winter Queen Ahri skin
- Heartbreaker emote
- Nine-Tailed Fox card back
- Nine-Tailed Fox icon
- New Challenges and Quests have been added to introduce the keywords, archetypes, and champions being added in Magic Misadventures. Additional AI decks featuring cards added in the expansion have also been added to the Vs. AI opponent pool.
- New archetypes, champions, and cards from Magic Misadventures have been added to Expeditions.
- The ranked season for Between Worlds has concluded, and Magic Misadventures is underway! Collect your ranked rewards depending on your performance, including an exclusive Between Worlds icon from the previous season in the Loot popup on the home screen.
- Fixed an issue where Jinx was not leveling up or creating a Super Mega Death Rocket! in hand when Bandle Painter discards the final card in hand.
- Lowered the volume on Redfin Hammersnout’s SFX.
- Fixed a bug where the Nexus would take damage before Vi’s special attack animation was complete.
- Updated several cards’ targeting parameters to align with current design standards (i.e. some cards that could previously only deal damage to enemies can now target any unit, including allies) – Rite of the Arcane – Dawning Shadow – Bouncing Bomb –
- Fixed a bug where Most Wanted’s text would occasionally go off the screen.
- Fixed a visual bug associated with Trevor Snoozebottom’s Mumblesprite.