Patch 2.19 is smaller than most, but is bringing a lot of new content to Legends of Runeterra. The closest analogy is the Aphelios expansion, or the Sentinels of Light event. We get a great mixture of new cosmetics, an immense new battle pass, the highly anticipated Path of Champions PvE event, and new champion Jayce with many support cards.
Patch 2.19 will be playable at approximately 10 AM PT, November 10th. Below is a condensed version of the official patch notes, originally posted at here at PlayRuneterra.com.
Upcoming Card Updates
We entered this patch knowing there wouldn’t be a large number of card updates. We’re going to see 9 new collectible cards, both to supplement Jayce as well as bring new tools to support his region. Expect an in depth look at those cards and their constructed viability in a later article.
The discussion around live balance changes has been ongoing. In the most recent balance update, we had it confirmed that card changes will come around January, after the Magical Mishaps expansion is released. We can wait to see how the new champion affects the metagame before any card changes are made.
The Path of Champions
The hotly anticipated Path of Chapions PvE game mode debuts with this update. Many in the community are eager to play this mode when the client updates.
A new patch always brings fun and shiny things for you to spend your coins on and customise the look of your collection.
The new board, Piltovan Rooftops, features a fun mix of Piltover Elegance and Zaunite grafitti. For Legends with a spark of genius.
This expansion ties in heavily with Arcane. As such, the Piltover and Zaun Champions are all receiving the gold standard in new skins, even newcomer Jayce.
With this new set of skins, Vi gets a new Level Up Animation fitting the Gilded style.
This may be one of their biggest updates for cosmetics, as 2.19 is also giving us new Emotes, card backs, and new Icons. Anyone who can’t pick a favourite skin can purchase them all in one go.
The Progress Day Party Bundle is available in the store for 5310 Coins (prorated for any items you already own), including:
- Gilded Vi Skin
- Gilded Jinx Skin
- Gilded Caitlyn Skin
- Gilded Ekko Skin
- Gilded Jayce Skin
- Champion cards for all of the above champions
The Path of Champions Event Pass
The Path of Champions Event Pass is available in the Store for 975 Coins. It marks Runeterra’s largest event pass so far, with 35 rewards, including emotes, guardians, icons, and card backs.
Purchase before November 23 to get an exclusive quest that awards 10 Hextech Marbles and a Rare Prismatic Chest! The event pass grants access to an upgraded event path with premium rewards, and immediately unlocks the Hextech Beast Guardian. All unlockable rewards can be viewed on the Event rewards road.
Play games to earn Hextech Marbles and unlock more rewards!
Event ends and pass expires December 8 at 9AM PT.
There are many new guardians to cheer you on in this expansion. I’ve really got my eye on the Hextech Drake. Also featuring: Hextech Beast, Hextech Minion, Detective Pup, Hextech Poro, and Hextech Drake.
The That Magic Touch deck bundle is available in the Store for 3202 Coins, prorated for any items you already own.
A premade deck centered around high-powered spell combos, featuring Jayce and Nami, as well as the Gilded Jayce skin. Attune yourself to magic’s true power. Synergize Jayce’s Hextech spells with Nami’s ancient Marai magic to craft dizzying new combos.
Miscellaneous and Bug Fixes
Big updates mean they can finally update some of the weirder bugs and glitches that confuse players, as well as some quality of life changes.
- First-time players will have a more streamlined tutorial experience. The Path of Champions is now included in a new player’s initial journey.
- In the end of game flow, multiple quest results screens have been condensed into one, getting you to your next game faster! The summary highlights a couple quests; current progress for all quests can still be viewed in your quest menu after the game.
- Reduced the number of taps / clicks required to activate Guardian animations.
- Fixed a bug where Ursine Spiritwalker’s Plunder w Pandemonium.
- Fixed a bug where Rimefang Wolf’s ability wouldn’t work on 0-power units that gained Power upon surviving damage.
- Relentless Pursuit will now resolve correctly and is not conditional on the Rally buff.
- Fixed a bug where Station Archivist would fail to create a Fleeting copy of a spell when played.
- Fixed a bug where cards created by the Station Archivist did not have the cost reduction buff from Marai Greatmother.
- Updated Heimerdinger’s text to correctly state he levels up on playing Tech units.
- Fallen Reckoner can no longer give the Can’t Block condition to Immobile enemy units.
- Sandseer’s effect now correctly happens on Play instead of on Summon.
- Fixed a bug where Impact was not triggering on units with Strike abilities that remove them from play.
- Event Horizon’s secondary effect will now correctly trigger even if the primary target is removed.
- Impact Damage is now correctly doubled by The Dreadway.
- Fixed an issue where certain interactions would cause the game to crash.
- Fixed several UI, UX, and general visual bugs to improve overall game clarity.
- Fixed several VO bugs across the game that were causing incorrect or no VO lines to play.
The Path of Champions Event is full of content; new cards, new cosmetics, and new challenges to play for. Patch 2.19 will be playable at approximately 10 AM PT, November 10th.