Patch 2.14 introduces the newest Legends of Runeterra expansion – Beyond the Bandlewood! It will feature the Bandle City region and a total of 126 new collectible cards including 9 champions.
The expansion also comes with new cosmetics – a Bundle City board, as well as emotes, card backs, and guardians. After the patch goes live you can start earning progress towards the new region roads and an event pass featuring exclusive rewards.
The update doesn’t feature any balance changes to the existing cards. The developers have shared that their next planned date for a big batch of card updates is October 20. However, they might schedule some nerfs earlier if necessary.
To learn more about the upcoming expansion, head to our dedicated info-hub page, where you’ll find all the essential details and a recap of a spoiler season. All the new cards are available in our Deck Builder!
Patch 2.14 will be playable at approximately 11 AM PT, August 25. Below is the edited version of the official patch notes, originally posted at PlayRuneterra.com.
Upcoming Card Updates
As we mentioned in the 2.11.0 patch notes, we don’t generally time live design updates during new card release windows. With 126 new collectible cards and a few entirely new archetypes added in this expansion, Beyond the Bandlewood is our largest expansion yet, so we’re keeping a close eye on how various decks perform before making any changes.
Looking forward, our next batch of card updates is planned for Patch 2.18.0, on October 20, but it’s possible we might see some small updates between now and then. We’ll be sharing more information on our card update cadence and philosophy moving forward around that time as well.
There’s a lot to play with in this expansion, so we’re looking forward to seeing what decks emerge in the coming weeks!
For legends who seek out hidden realms.
Look in the right places to unearth this board’s wondrous secrets. This board has interactive elements, special visual effects, and music.
Keeper of the Hammer
The Yordle Gunner
The Sheriff of Piltover
Beyond the Bandlewood Event Pass is available in the Store for 975 Coins.
Few can find the way. Will you discover what lies beyond?
The event pass grants access to an upgraded event path with premium rewards, and immediately unlocks the Puffcap Pup Guardian. All unlockable rewards can be viewed on the Event rewards road. Purchase before September 8 to get an exclusive quest that awards 10 Acorns and a Rare Prismatic Chest!
Play games to earn Acorns and unlock more rewards!
Event ends and pass expires September 22 at 10:00 a.m. PT.
The World Championship Bundle is available in the Store for free!
The fight for glory starts now. Celebrate with this FREE bundle!
Includes the World Championship Icon and Card Back.
The Beyond the Boundaries Deck Bundle is available in the Store for 2574 Coins, prorated for any items you already own.
Wanderlust in your blood? Traverse the world of Runeterra to make an Impact with this Bandle City deck. Enlist multi-region units and allies from other regions to unlock the Bandle Tree’s magic.
The Tricks & Traps Deck Bundle is available in the Store for 2520 Coins, prorated for any items you already own.
Disrupt your enemies’ flow with Piltover removal and a neverending parade of puffcaps. They won’t even know what hit ‘em.
For the release of Beyond the Bandlewood, we’re adding eight new archetypes to the Expeditions pool, featuring the new champions and strategies highlighted in this expansion, and new cards have been added to existing archetypes as well.
Additionally, all archetypes from Rise of the Underworlds have had their offering bonuses normalized.
Beyond the Bandlewood archetypes will temporarily be four times as likely as they would otherwise be to appear in the initial Champion Picks. We’ll even out these chances in a later patch.
- Darkness rising: Become one with the darkness and take out your opponent with Senna and Veigar.
- Glory in Value: Discard Sion! Get value! Discard Sion again!
- Landmark Destruction: Blow your stuff up with Ziggs? Blow the opponent up with Xerath!
- Mentors: School is in session for your low Power units with Poppy and Fiora as teachers.
- Playful Pranks: Trick your opponent by pranking their cards with Fizz, with a bunch of cheap spells for Nami!
- Snap Trap Snacks: Lure your opponent in, then spring all sorts of traps with Caitlyn!
- The Magus Ascendant: Terraform Runeterra to ascend Xerath, and rain destruction on the enemy Nexus.
- World Travelers: Make friends with Yordles all across Runeterra with Tristana.
- A new Region Road is now available: Bandle City!
- Region Roads for Bilgewater, Noxus, Piltover & Zaun, Shadow Isles, and Shurima have been extended to level 40.
- New Challenges and Quests have been added to introduce the keywords, archetypes, and champions being added in Beyond the Bandlewood.
- AI decks featuring Bandle City, as well as other cards added in the expansion have also been added to the Vs. AI opponent pool.
- Multi-target spells and abilities now have optional targeting.
- i.e. when playing Trueshot Barrage, you can now select either 1, 2, or 3 targets before casting the spell.
- The Disable Motion setting now disables most camera-shaking effects.
- We’ve redesigned the in-game event calendar! Clicking on an active card will now take you directly to content within the Legends of Runeterra client.
- Updated Lucian’s level-up condition to trigger when either Senna or Senna, Sentinel of Light dies
- Unto Dusk and Sump Dredger skills should now properly activate a prompt for a target
- Fixed various bugs where Viego was not counting the correct amount of progress when killing an allied Nasus or a Frostbitten unit
- When an ally dies for the first time in a round with Viego in play, Viego should now create an Encroaching Mist that dies at the end of the round
- Fixed a visual bug that incorrectly showed the Sand Soldiers card ability with increased damage when another unit that makes spells and skills deal extra damage is in play
- Cards copied by Go Get It should now correctly be considered as summoned units
- Discarding cards that replace themselves as the last card in your hand should now level up Jinx
- Updated Claws of the Dragon card text to better match functionality
- Various VFX and UI bugfixes.
- Several improvements to text across the game in our continued effort for text consistency.