Patch 2.0.0: Emergency Go Hard Nerf, Co-Op Lab
Patch 2.0.0 features LoR’s first-ever Co-Op vs. AI lab and addresses the dominant power-level of Go Hard/Pack Your Bags. It will hit live servers on January 13, approx 9 AM PST.
This update is a small one, and developers are only starting to ramp up into 2021. There are a ton of exciting things that will be arriving to Legends of Runeterra in the coming months. Check out the 2021 Roadmap for the info about the upcoming Aphelios Champion Expansion, as well as the recently announced Shurima set.
Below are the official Patch 2.0.0 notes, originally posted at PlayRuneterra.com.
We will be aiming to make balance changes based on our metagame analysis and community feedback on a monthly basis. However, as will all live development, this may not be true for every single month – we may occasionally make off-cadence changes, such as this change to Pack Your Bags coming in 2.0.0, which was originally planned for a release in 2.1.0 in February:
Pack Your Bags
COST: 1 → 5
When players are able to transform Go Hard, the Pack Your Bags form frequently creates a situation which is unmanageable to play against given its board impact compared to cost. There should be a powerful payoff when players are able to successfully transform Go Hards – but it should give the opposing player more meaningful counterplay options leading up to Pack Your Bags.
Patch 2.0.0 brings a new rotation to Multilab:
- United Front (New in 2.0.0!)
- Quick Draw
- Welcome to the Jungle
Heimerdinger is always looking for his next great experiment, and what better time to try something new than during a full-scale Noxian invasion…?
United Front is a brand new way to play Legends of Runeterra as our first co-op experience! You and an ally (through Friend Challenge, or randomly paired through solo queue) will go up against a powerful AI Noxian General. Select a Champion to create a premade deck, and combine your forces to repel the invasion!
New Guardian – Ellie
Can we address the magical floating elephant in the room?
Best Friend: Zoe
We’re quite happy with the balance of the various archetypes in Expeditions at the moment, with only Mending Touch requiring some tweaks to make it more consistently able to execute its core gameplan.
- Removed the offering bonus for Cosmic Creation archetypes. All archetypes are now offered at the normal rate based on whether they’re a primary or a bonus archetype.
- Removed: Bayou Brunch, Hunting Fleet, Divergent Paths, Sleepy Trouble Bubble
- Fixed issue that would cause an error message to be erroneously displayed when casting Judgment while switching blockers.
- Fixed an issue that could occur with Vault of Helia and units with the Last Breath keyword.
- Fixed an issue where occasionally level 2 Zoe would not share keywords.
- Fixed an issue where Heart of the Fluft would sometimes inherit negative keywords.
- Fixed multiple text inconsistencies across cards text and flyout.